It's a quarter past noon on a Friday and I'm lazing in my room after Skyping a friend some million miles away. We talked about well, boys, and the dispute of gender conformity that sticks with stereotype, alongside norms and cultures. We agreed it's a crazy world out there.
There's just so many people with different opinions and different reasoning on how to conquer the mountains above, and the omnipresence of a higher entity that guides us, also harms us, in ways incomprehensible (but still, the enigma of abstract is rather alluring). I guess perhaps blind faith is nonetheless, a belief that binds people together. After all, if there's nothing that you're following except pure self sufficiency, then what do you when you're not yourself anymore?
My mood's on Gregory Alan Isakov and TENH is honestly my favourite album of his. The only peeve I have right now is that I can't listen to it on the go because my phone has been sent to its grave. Still, no phone, I can do without, for social alienation is rather therapeutic: "sorry I didn't see your message I don't have a phone", no obligations to actually reply QUICKLY (the fallacy of blue ticks), and no need to constantly chase the envy of people who is living their year much more productively than me.. basically an altered concept of ignorance is bliss.
More than anything, I've realised how lovely it is to be alone.
(Disclaimer: to be alone is far, far, varying, from being lonely.)
No comments:
Post a Comment